Sunday, May 31, 2009

Story #53: Hiatus

I have not written for awhile. On Wednesday I left for Chicago and have spent the past five days with my family. My mother, recently diagnosed with terminal pancreatic cancer, is in the ICU at Loyola University Medical Center. It is hard to think of other things much less write about them right now. I have so appreciated hearing news from friends in the outside world while I've been away. It is a powerful and important reminder that there is more to life than what is happening in our family right now. Thank you to everyone.

My trip home was not only distressing, it was at times very entertaining too thanks to my nephews Henry and Samuel. Many, many pictures to follow--most of them taken by Henry. Below is a preview to whet your appetite. I will post the rest of them soon but for now, I am back in San Francisco and ready for dinner and a good night's sleep. I am sure it will not be long before I post another, more upbeat story...so, stay tuned.


Nathan & I hanging out on the futon, photo by Henry Kotleba age 2

No comments:

Post a Comment