Thursday, February 5, 2009

Story #17: The Player to be Named Later



Remember the photos of my famous, pregnant best friend Rebecca and her husband Mark? They are still very famous, of course, but they are not pregnant anymore. This is their daughter! She was born yesterday. When she is a week old, they will have a baby-naming ritual and unroll the Torah to the portion of the week from when she was born, and then wrap her up in it like a burrito, and then tell us her name. But not until then. So crazy, us Jews! But, I know what it is. Not because they've told me but because Rebecca and I used to talk about these things---like girls do, sometimes. So not only am I so, so excited to meet the new friend (who I was told I get to hold whenever I want because I wash my hands SOOO often that I am pre-qualified on the cleanliness front) but I also feel like I have a fun secret since I know what her name is :) How beautiful is she? So beautiful. Brucha haba'a, chaverah katanah...welcome, small friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment